Skip to main content

Fun For Friday - Crazy Stories

Today I will be spending a good portion of my day at the doctors' offices. I have to get a CT scan to see if the blood clot is gone and to make sure there were not any others in my lungs. This sounds simple enough except that I am insanely claustrophobic.

Have also I mentioned how much I hate needles? Well, I do. Not only do I have to do another flipping blood draw, but they will be giving me an IV. So, double needles plus being stuck into a tube, all adds up to one very very anxious Heather.

My sister is going with me though. She was already off work and offered. We'll be there for the scan then both going to get our hair done before having to go back for the results. Jason will come to the doctor's office later when the results are in. He just couldn't take off a full day to sit around, and I don't blame him. The hematology/oncology clinic is absolutely not a fun place to be.

Speaking of fun, let's jump right into some fun for the day. I know I will need any and all laughter I can get.

I almost went with another theme for Fun For Friday, but then I was inspired by Anna's post about helping her sister deliver naturally (and that's not what was planned, yikes). It reminded me of being there for my best friend's son's birth - but not so much on purpose.

So, I thought I'd share some randomly crazy stories. And you had better share some too!

Delivering a baby - I ended up accidentally being there when my dearest friend gave birth to her 2nd son and almost having to catch him. No joke. She had just signed papers for epidural and was told she was about 4 cm dilated. Nurse left and then my friend started saying she was pushing and couldn’t stop and that was that. Baby was there! Her mom and I were scrambling to find gloves. Her poor dad put a magazine over his eyes. Chaos. Pure chaos.
This is the gorgeous mama; she'd kill me if I posted the picture of us from that day!

Dancing on tables - Yes, I did. And not even on Spring Break. Ok, I did that too, but I had on some amazingly awesome pants and felt that I needed to show them off. To. Everyone.


Dancing on stage - In New Orleans, I literally cleared a dance floor. My sister, a friend, and I had gone into a bar (not the start of a bar joke mind you) and this guy asked if I wanted to get on stage. Hellz to the yes! Our hubby's were off elsewhere doing shots or something I'm sure. I realize now that he was just getting someone up there to get others to start dancing. But at that time, in that moment, it was all me. I threw my purse to my sister - a la hold my beer and watch this style.

Slapping a guy - Yep, I slapped a guy at a bar one night because he gave Jason a crazy look. No, I was not drunk at all either. We were at a piano bar with another friend and this incredibly drunk guy stood right in front of me, also in the line of sight of Jason. And he was swaying around coming close to knocking into me, burning me with cigarette. Fun stuff. But he was totally blocking our view of the stage too.

Jason kept saying, "Down in front." Finally, I guess he heard and turned around and gave Jason this crazy, kickyourass look. I didn't even think, just reacted and hit the guy as hard as I could in the shoulder. You should have seen the look on his face (not to mention Jason's and our friend's who thought they were about to have to get into a fight). The guy's friends pulled him away though realizing how drunk he was.

Peeing in police station parking lot - You read that one correctly. More specifically it was behind a cop car in the police station parking lot of downtown Atlanta. We had been to a rave at a place called the Underground (I may have that wrong, it's not the undergound shopping area mind you). It just happened to be near the police station. I just happened to have to go to the bathroom, very very badly. Sorry, but ladies you understand right - when you gotta go, you gotta go!

Ok, I should stop now. I'm pretty sure my dad is going to have a mild heart attack (sorry dad). Your turn!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.