Skip to main content

What's in Your Fitenss Closet?


This post is courtesy of Mr. Pavement Runner who had the great idea to do a blog post about our "fitness closets." Sometimes it's nice to have an inspired post idea I must say.

Mine is more fitness drawers and baskets, but that totally counts right? We do have a closet that houses our bikes and a few fitness items, but mostly everything is crammed into drawers or spilling out of baskets around here.

This drawer houses mostly warmer weather running gear and anything I'd wear to workout in at the house or the gym.

If it were properly folded and organized, you'd find:
  • 4 pairs of Saucony running shorts - Ignite split short
  • 1 Saucony tank
  • 2 Brooks tanks (one sheer mesh and one black and white)
  • 1 short-sleeved Saucony, 1 short-sleeved Asics and 1 short-sleeved Brooks
  • An assortment of sports bras that include Champion brand, Saucony, Brooks
  • And a host of Nike shorts and tops that I will only wear at home - old, booty shorts ;-)
  • I usually try to cram in my running hats as well - mostly Nike and 1 Brooks.
 

This drawer houses more of the cold weather running gear. And it's grown this year I must say.
  • 1 pair of Under Armour compression tights with matching top (love) 
  • 2 pairs of Champion brand tights (Target clearance) 
  • Capris: Nike Capri, 2 pairs of Champion Capris and my favorites, Brooks Infiniti Capri.
I have a wide variety when it comes to long-sleeved tops. I have some that are lighter, then gradually they increase in weight. My favorite for cold, windy weather is a Brooks Infiniti Hybrid Wind Shirt. I have also fallen in love with Mizuno tops. I have a couple of Saucony shirts and some Champion brand that I picked up on clearance.

I also love my Brooks Nightlife gear for dark runs. Safety is so important for runners and I love that they have an entire line dedicated to being seen. 

Next up is my shoe basket. I have a hard time parting with my shoes. But I have started taking them to a local running store to be donated. Right now my basket o' shoes includes:

  • 2 pairs of Mizuno Wave Rider 16 
  • 3 pairs of Brooks Ghost 5
  • 2 pairs of insanely old Saucony that I was wearing for lifting
  • Not picture are my newest loves - Merrell Barefoot that I wear around the house and for lifting
  • Also not shown are my cycling shoes 

I tend to try or want to be loyal to a brand, but find that there are different things I like about different brands. I have loved my Brooks shoes, but right now they aren't right for me/my feet. But I still love their apparel and always will. I think it's high-quality, absolutely made for runners, and also fun and fashionable.

I've started wearing Mizuno shoes and they seem to be a better match for my feet right now. I've been liking the tops I've gotten as well. Everything seems to be high-quality.

Saucony is another brand that I tend to turn to. Not for shoes, but for apparel. Always great quality, fun colors, and great fits for me.

Oh, and we do have yet another basket of fitness gear that holds our gloves, my Spibelt, running sunglasses, our headbands, caps, flashing/blinking lights, and RoadIDs. 

Are you a brand loyalist? Do you have a fitness closet or drawer(s)? Or both?

Comments

  1. Mizuno does have great gear from top to bottom. My theory is if it fits and is functional, I'll wear it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.